Summary of the best Hiking Tours Andalucia has to offer
The key here is VARIETY! Our guided walking holidays are designed to allow you the flexibility to enjoy the huge range of walking holidays that Andalucia has to offer.
The descriptions below tell you what to expect from each type of walkiing experience. There are then links to the relevant holidays and tours. Remember that you can do one sort one day and something different the next, making best use of your time and inclination. This would suit gentle ramblers and hikers to the more commited and hardened fellwalker and trekker. Pick and choose. Mix and match. If you fancy a change or a feeling like an easier day then we can suggest alternatives.
High Mountain (over 3000m)
With the Sierra Nevada on our doorstep we are spoilt for choice here. There are 27 3000m+ peaks here. Many are remote and serious but some make suitable day ascents. Be prepared for rough ground and long distances. Multi day trips can be undertaken utilising guarded (Poqueira Refugio) or unguarded huts along the way. We even make use of magnificent lakeside locations to provide high camping opportunities. The high mountains are usually assessible to the walker from May to October inclusive. Going can be tough and some effect of altitude may be felt.- The Ascent of Mulhacen highest mountain in mainland Spain - in one or two days (overnight Poqueira Refugio.
- Ascending some of the high 3000m+ mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada in day or 2 day trips.
- Los Tres Miles - 3000m ridge traverse. Covering over 20 peaks in a magnificent 5 day high level camping trek.
- 2 day crossings of the Sierra Nevada staying in unguarded huts.
Mid Mountain (to 2000m)
Spain is not just the Pyrennes or the Sierra Nevada. It is also home to a host of differing mountain ranges giving excellent and quiet walking opportunities. These mountains go up to 2000m and provide varied terrain from desert like badlands to lush green river valleys. We have picked a selection of the best that Andalucia has to offer.- The Sierra de Huetor north of Granada
- Walking in the Cumbres Verdes (Green peaks) south of Granada
- The Sierra de Almijara north of Nerja
- The Sierra Magina south of Jaen
- The extensive wildness of the Sierra de Cazorla
White Villages and Hillsides
Green hillsides, olive groves and a scattering of lovely white villages typify this selection of walking tours where the hiking is generally of a more relaxed nature.- The Alpujarras, including the long distance GR7 and GR142
- The beautiful hills of the Lecrin Valley
- Hiking the hillsides and valleys of the Sierra Morena, north of Sevilla, staying in remote mountain location.
Contrasting tours including coastal cliffs and beachs, or desert badlands. Interesting hiking opportunities.- Walking in the Cabo de Gato
- Hiking in the Tabernas desert badlands in Ameria province