Mountain Meals & Dehydrated Food Produced in Alpujarras
"Mountain Meals and Munchies" - Food for the mountains produced by mountaineers
No nonsense, no fancy packaging, just good, wholesome mountain food!
We have a range of mountain meals that are available for your next venture or trip with us. The inspiration has been a breakthrough into the world of food dehydrating and partial cooking methods. We have discoved that it is possible to actually look forward to your evening meal instead of chewing cardboard!
We can supply two types of produce
Freeze Dried and Dehydrated Meals - for the more traditional of you!
Commercially purchased freeze dried meals that are available for your next venture or trip with us.
- Main evening meal (freeze dried) €9
- Breakfasts (porridge) €2
- Puddings (freeze dried) €5
- Soups (powdered) €2
- Flapjacks €2
If you have any special requirements for your next trip or expedition please let us know well in advance and we shall try to accommodate.
Gourmet Partially Dehydrated Raw Food
"Raw" - a method of cooking food at the lowest temperature without destroying food nutrients. Supplied fresh by Pamela Lippman of Cruda
Gourmet raw food which it is dehydrated at the lowest temperature so as not to kill any nutrients. This means that it retains optimal vitamins and minerals. It doesn't need warming nor rehydrating it is ready to eat.
The food provided was quite something. I have never experienced so much energy in so little food. It's taste was delicious, great variety, very lightweight - incredible experience.
It is so rich in flavours, taste and nutrition that I recommend to eat it and leave 20 mins or so before strenuous walking - my stomach had quite a time dealing with all the nutrients. I write this with a big smile on my face. Go Pam Go! The world needs to eat this.
Robert Kuhfus, 5 day trek October 2013
We have been blown away by this idea! High concentrated, nutritious, energy giving food, partially dehydrated and prepared so you can eat straight from the bag! Saves weight of stove,and fuel.
Never thought I'd say this but this raw food idea really does work. Lightweight and filling!
Richard Hartley, Expedition leader, Spanish Highs
- Optimally balanced nutritious food
- Lightweight concentrated energy
- Prepared in advance using only fresh products
- Organic and locally sourced
- Dairy free, sugar free (only natural sugars), Gluten free
- Prepared fresh, made to order (1 week notice required)
- No cooking! Save the weight of gas, fuel and stove!
- Ready to go
Save weight on your flight to Spain! Order 1 week before your journey commences and you can pick up your food here in Lanjaron on arrival.
- All Day Sample Menu €18
- Snacks - Trail Mix and Fruit leathers
- Breakfast - Granola Bar or Banana/Sultana Rounds
- Lunch - Oriental Explosion with falafel balls, salad, salsa in a wrap or Italian Roll
- Evening Meal - Curry/Bulgar Wheat or Chilli/Cous Cous or Bolognaise/Pasta
- Trail Mix - seeds n nuts, soaked n sprouted - a big favourite!
- Fruit Leathers - made from seasonal fruits
- Oriental Explosion - tasty chinese bites with salsa, vegetables
- Banana and Sultana Rounds - energy just when you need it!
- Granola Bars or Granola breakfast muesli - to set you up for the day ahead
- Spicy falafel balls with salsa - a taste of Morocco!
- Multi use Wraps - of courgette or almond
- Italian Roll
- Rusticos Savoury crackers - of sun dried tomatoes or onions
- Marinaded Seasonal Vegis - perfect on their own or with Falafel, in a wrap with salsa or Oriental explosions
- Salsas - €1.50 a bag
- Fresh salad and micro greens - €2 a bag