A chance to ascend Mulhacen (3482m) and Mt Toubkal (4167m), the highest peaks in both mainland Spain and Morocco in one amazing (but intensive) weeks trekking or mountaineering.
For those of you whose holiday time is precious then we have an itinerary that will allow you to climb these peaks within a week. Options exist for you to extend your stay either in Spain’s Sierra Nevada near Granada or Morocco’s deserts, coasts and cities.
Spanish Highs will run the Spanish part of this week and then we shall pass you onto our professional local tour and mountain guides in Morocco. You are assured a warm welcome to this fascinating country.
N.B Combining these two peaks would make a superb Charity Challenge that is rarely done.
Dates - Year Round
Prices - from €495 per person
Accommodation - Includes accommodation in hotel or mountain refuge
- Day 1 - Arrive Malaga. Transfer to Lanjaron. 2* Hotel accommodation
- Day 2 - Transfer to trailhead (1600m). Ascend to Poqueira hut (2500m)
- Day 3 - Climb Mulhacen (3482m). Return to trailhead and Lanjaron
- Day 4 - Transfer to Sevilla for flight to Marrakech. Hotel in Marrakech or Atlas
- Day 5 - Walk to Toubkal Refuges (3200m)
- Day 6 - Climb Mt Toubkal (4167m). Return to trailhead and Marrakech
- Day 7 - Flight home from Marrakech
Dates - All year round. Please remember that the mountains are in full winter condition from December to May inc lusive so will need ice axe and crampons (we can supply). Outside of those dates you will find glorious but rough high altitude non technical trekking.
Flights - We can help re your flight planning. We have all the up to date timetables and can point you in the direction of the best prices. Please contact us for further details.
You will need 3 flights
- Home to Malaga
- Sevilla to Marrakech
- Marrakech to Home
- 1 person - €890
- 2 persons - €665 per person
- 3 persons - €560 per person
- 4 persons - €495 per person
- Guiding - 4 days on the mountains
- Airport transfers
- Transport between hotels and trailheads
- Baggage mules (Morocco)
- Accommodation in hotel or mountain refuge
- Advice and planning re your flights
- Winter mountaineering gear (ice axe, crampons) if necessary
- Food and Drink
Extend your stay in the Sierra Nevada and Alpujarras?
Sierra Nevada High Peaks - opportunities to ascend the high peaks from valley bases
Los Tres Miles - 5 day trekking high altitude trekking. A traverse of the main ridgeline covering all the major peaks
Walking Alpujarra - mid level walking in the foothills and valleys of the Sierras
You may also be interested in?
Guided trekking in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco ascending the magnificent peak of Toubkal, highest peak in north Africa, Riad Accommodation in Imil