Published 15 November 2017 by Cicerone Press
Signed copies are available for clients of Spanish Highs or for the self guided arriving in Lanjarón. Email richard @ spanishhighs.co.uk in advance to secure a signed copy.
The guidebook covers the most popular and interesting walks and multi-day treks in Spain's Sierra Nevada mountain range. Mainland Spain's highest summit Mulhacén is included in the 38 routes along with the white villages of Trevélez, Lanjarón and Capileira and high mountain ridge traverses, scrambles and the Spanish Three Peaks challenge.
The walks have been selectively chosen to showcase the Sierra Nevada's dramatic scenery, breathe taking barren rocky peaks, badlands, lush green valleys and tranquil lakes. From the more leisurely routes of the Cumbres Verde area to the Sierra Nevada's highest ascent of Mulhacén, we are confident there are routes to suit a range of abilities.
- year round half to full day walks & multi-day treks
- 33 routes including mainland Spain's highest summit
- includes 8 gentler walks in the lower hills of the Cumbres Verdes near Granada
- includes white villages of Trevélez, Lanjarón and Capileira
- showcases the Sierra Nevada's most dramatic scenery
- includes 'Los Tres Picos', 'Los Tres Miles' Integral & overview of Sulayr GR240
- advice on transport, local bases, safety, tick-list of 3000m peaks & Spanish-English glossary