Village to village walking on the famous Alpujarras footpaths GR7 and GR142
Always interesting, appealing, varied and relaxing! The Alpujarras offers something for everyone. The contrasting views, the rich heritage as well as the open friendliness of the people makes this an ideal location for a walking holiday. Many of the villages have public drinking fountains where you can enjoy an ice-cold glass of mineral water or fill a bottle for later.
The GR7 is one of the top long distance paths running through Europe. Combine the beauty, sunshine, villages and ideal walking of the Alpujarras and the result is a enticing mixture. You will walk at between about 700 metres and 1400 metres most days. The little known GR142, traverses the "Alpujarras" at a lower level than the GR7.
Our treks are "tailor-made" to suit your wishes and abilities. Long, hard days or short, easy days....... the choice is yours! You can decide before you set off. If you wish to trek without a guide then we will support you before, during and after your day.
If you wish the services of our local guides then they will ensure you make full use of your day. Accommodation is either in our private villa in Lanjaron (when available) or in 2 star hotel accommodation.The following is a rough guide to the some of the distances and difficulties between villages. Remember...you decide how hard or easy a day you wish and sections can be thus combined!
The GR7 & GR142
- Juviles to Treveléz - Grade B - 3.5hrs and 500 metres of ascent
- Treveléz to Busquístar - Grade B - 5 hrs and 450 metres of ascent
- Busquístar to Pitres - Grade C - 2 hrs and 250 metres of ascent
- Pitres to Bubión - Grade C - 2.5 hrs and 250 metres of ascent
- Bubión to Soportújar - Grade C - 2.5 hrs and 200 metres of ascent
- Soportújar to Cañar - Grade C - 2 hrs and 200 metres of ascent
- Canar to Lanjarón - Grade D - 2 hrs and 150 metres of ascent
- Lanjarón to Orgiva - Grade C - 3 hrs and 325 metres of ascent
- Orgiva to Mecina Fondales - Grade B - 7 hrs and 850 metres of ascent
- Mecina Fondales to Busqusítar - Grade D - 1.5 hrs and 200 metres of ascent
- Busquístar to Castaras - Grade B - 3.5 hrs and 550 metres of ascent