Summer Sunsets & Sunrises on top of Mulhacen & Alcazaba, Sierra Nevada
Join us on top of Mulhacen and Alcazaba this summer for a 2 night trek enjoying the wonderful sunsets, sunrises and stars over the Sierra Nevada
Unique and Spectacular! Available July, August and September. Escape the heat with 2 nights sleeping out on the summits of two of the highest and best mountains in Spain. "An unbelievable and unforgettable experience".
Dates- July, August and September
Prices - from €65 per person per day
Accommodation - hotels from €30 per person per night (sharing)
- Day 1 - meet in Lanjaron midday. Gear check. Transport to Capileira. Afternoon bus to Mirador de Trevelez (2675m). Ascend Mulhacen (3482m). Sleep on summit
- Day 2 - descend east ridge of Mulhacen to Siete Lagunas. Explore lakes and ascend valley. Climb Alcazaba (3371m) via "el Colaero". Sleep on summit
- Day 3 - descend to the SW and back to Siete Lagunas. Eatern traverse of Mulhacen back to Mirador de Trevelez. Bus back to Capileira and transport to Lanjaron
Suitability. Is this for you?
The basic itinerary is suitable for anybody used to high mountain walking. Although the ground may be steep and loose in places we generally keep to well marked tracks. Overnight temperatures in the summer may drop to 10 degrees C (maybe slightly lower mid September onwards).
The harder optional extensions will take you over rougher ground, some of it very exposed, so it better suited to those used to dealing with such terrain.
Tents are not suitable as the summit areas are very rocky and uneven. A better option is a bivouac bag, mat and 3 season sleeping bag. The aim is to travel as lightweight as we can. Our guides will take stove and gas and advise re water. We can supply freeze dried or dehydrated food if required (at extra cost).
In addition to a normal day pack the main extra items you will require are
- Sleeping mat
- Bivouac bag
- Sleeping bag (3 season)
- Plate and utensils
- Warm insulated jacket
Full list of Suggested Equipment
3 days trekking (2 nights sleeping out on the mountain.
- 1 person - cost €130 per day
- 2 persons - cost €85 per day
- 3 persons - cost €75 per day
- 4 persons - cost €65 per day
Over 4 persons - Group discounts apply. Enquire via email or contact form
- Local transport to and from Lanjaron/Capileira
- Bus transfers to/from Mirador de Trevelez
- Cooking stove and gas
Harder Optional Extensions (at same cost)
- Gran Vasar de Mulhacen - gain Alcazaba via crossing Mulhacen N face and climbing Puntal de Siete Lagunas. A tougher option but not technically difficult. Only simple scrambling
- Gran Vasar de Alcazaba and Espolon de Alcazaba - only for experienced scramblers (used to grade 3S+) with a head for heights!
- Paso de las Zetas - a simple scrambling alternative to the summit of Alcazaba via the ridge line from the north. Tougher trekking.
- Puntal de la Caldera - scrambling (Grade 1/2) to the summit of this 3283m peak before ascending Mulhacen.