This is the reporting website for Spanish Highs Mountain Guides based in Lanjarón at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains in Spain. We write about our travels here in Andalucia and also our expeditions to the Patagonian Icecap and Kamchatka.
We have over 500 posts from our own mountain ventures and trips since 2002, together with information on access, weather, gear and routes. We hope you use them as an inspiration for your own adventures!
- Trip Reports from some of our more interesting day and multi day tours in the Sierra Nevada and Andalucia. These are split by area and activity.
- Expeditions Reports from our travels further afield to the southern Patagonian Icecap and also Argentina’s trekking capital, El Chalten. Also from a Berghaus sponsored expedition to ski volcanoes in Kamchatka
- Activities – we cover walking, hiking, trekking, mountaineering, snowshoeing and the winter sport we love, backcountry ski touring.
- Areas covered – we are based in the Alpujarras at the foot of the Sierra Nevada, but regularly run trips to the Sierras of Huetor, Almijara, Las Nieves, Aracena, and also to the desert regions of the Tabernas badlands, Almeria.
- Gear – we test new outdoor equipment on a regular basis so have gear reviews.
- Other Information – you will find news and views from Lanjaron where we are based, and updates on web and media related topics.
Of course if you are looking to join a guided tour, Spanish Highs offer walking, trekking, scrambling, snowshoeing, backcountry ski touring tours, mountaineering courses and of course guided ascents of Mulhacén.