AboutThis is the reporting website for Spanish Highs Mountain Guides based in Lanjarón at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains in Spain
The Social Stuff!
Whats Coming Up
- Climb Mulhacen - 2 day winter ascents. Weekly ascents throughout the winter staying in Refugio Poqueira
- "Alpujarras Escape" - Spring Walking breaks Mar 9, 13, Apr 6, 13
- "Walking Over Lemons" - With writer Chris Stewart, dates 18 April, 9 May 2015. Please reserve your place early to avoid disappointment
- Winter Skills and Alpine Introduction Courses - throughout the winter on demand until end of May!
- Ski Touring and Snowshoeing - tours all winter on demand until end of May! We have things going on most weeks
Tag Archives: walking tours
The high mountain lakes of the Sierra Nevada will provide a perfect place for walkers to escape the searing heat of Sevilla, Cordoba and Granada, this summer. During the summer months we shall be providing daily walking tours into the high Sierras to visit and enjoy the pleasant air and spectacular surroundings (More information and reservations)
How did this come about?
We live in Lanjaron in the Alpujarras. For many local people the mountain lakes of the upper Lanjaron valley are the “Shangri-La”, a mystical place that provides year round water to the lower levels of the Alpujarras. For them to visit it becomes almost a pilgrimage. I have been privileged to accompany local people many times on their annual trip to the “source”.… Read the rest