Ascend the highest mountain in mainland Spain and highest in North Africa in one week? If your time is precious then Mulhacen and Mt Toubkal await you!
We have developed an itinerary to climb these wonderful peaks in the same week on the same trip. It is quite intensive both in travel and in trekking/mountaineering but is well worth the effort.
Experienced local guides, Spanish High, Sierra Nevada will run the Spanish part of this week and then we shall pass you our professional local tour and mountain guides in Morocco. You are assured a warm welcome to this fascinating country.
N.B Combining these two peaks would make a superb Charity Challenge that is rarely done.
- Day 1 – Arrive Malaga. Transfer to Lanjaron. 2* Hotel accommodation
- Day 2 – Transfer to trailhead (1600m). Ascend to Poqueira hut (2500m)
- Day 3 – Climb Mulhacen (3482m). Return to trailhead and Lanjaron
- Day 4 – Transfer to Sevilla for flight to Marrakech. Hotel in Marrakech or Atlas
- Day 5 – Walk to Toubkal Refuges (3200m)
- Day 6 – Climb Mt Toubkal (4167m). Return to trailhead and Marrakech
- Day 7 – Flight home from Marrakech
Dates and Prices
Dates – All year round. Please remember that the mountains are in full winter condition from December to May inclusive so will need ice axe and crampons (we can supply). Outside of those dates you will find glorious but rough high altitude non technical trekking.
- 1 person – €730
- 2 persons – €550 per person
- 3 persons – €490 per person
- 4 persons – €450 per person
- Guiding – 4 days on the mountains
- Airport transfers
- Transport between hotels and trailheads
- Baggage mules (Morocco)
- Accommodation in hotel or mountain refuge
- Advice and planning re your flights
- Winter mountaineering gear (ice axe, crampons) if necessary
- Food and drink
We can help re your flight planning. We have all the up to date timetables and can point you in the direction of the best prices. Please contact us for further details.
You will need 3 flights
- Home to Malaga
- Sevilla to Marrakech
- Marrakech to Home