You need a head for heights on this Via Ferrata near Motril, Costa Tropical!
This is a year round 5 day high mountain tour that takes in some of the finest ridges of the Sierra Nevada. Wild camping or unguarded refuges.
4 classic alpine ridges in 5 days
- Day 1 – ascend to Refugio Poqueira (guarded)
- Day 2 – Los Raspones de Rio Seco. Winter Alpine AD+. Summer Diff. Rock 3
- Day 3 – Traverse of Puntal de la Caldera. Winter Alpine PD+. Summer grade 2 scramble (1 section scramble 3+)
- Day 4 – Cerro de los Machos to Veleta. Winter Alpine AD. Summer Diff. Rock 3
- Day 5 – NW ridge of Tozal de Cartujo. Winter Alpine AD. Summer grade 2 scramble (1 section rock 3). Pick up at Hoya la Mora
Incredible exposure on this wall and a difficult Via Ferrata which needs full rope protection. 15 pitches length!
Summary – Amazing ascent of some 300m+ up a spectacular rock wall in a gorge. For those that have vertigo, stay at home!
Difficulty – very high
Time – 4 hours
Fitness – high
An ascent of Veleta (3394m) via El Canuto del Veleta on 8 January 2014 by the Spanish Highs team of Felipe Nieto and Ian Tupman.
A two hour walk-in over nevé and ice-encrusted rock, a fifty meter abseil followed by a three hour climb up a snow-filled gully and mixed climbing on ice and rock. Light winds, sunshine and blue skies. Winter mountaineering doesn’t get much better than this.
Fun and frolics, scrambling and climbing along the wonderful Cavall Bernat ridge in Mallorca, probably the best high class ridge scramble in the med! The whole ridge is a excellent day outing taking between 6 and 8 hours. You can make the scrambling easier or harder, or even take in more difficult rock climbing options. Certainly not to be missed if you are in the area enjoying the mountains of the Sierra de Tramuntana.
We run bi-annual scrambling and walking holidays in Mallorca covering the best situations and scrambles to be found.