Unique selection of incredible group walking and hiking holidays in the wonderful Alpujarras, Andalucia for the guided and self guided
Unique holiday walking and hiking packages for groups that allow you the flexibility to choose eachs days activities, whether they be a gentle guided walk, a harder guided hike or an excursion to visit some of Andalucias greatest historical and natural sights. These week long packages can start whichever day of the year the group wishes.
Your Group Walking Holiday
We run these throughout the year although in July and August we tend to walk at higher elevations. With 300+ sunny days autumn, spring and winter are ideal times to visit the Alpujarras. In mid-winter overnight temperatures at your base in Lanjaron rarely approach freezing and days are pleasantly warm. Perfect for your Alpujarras Group Walking Holiday
But, dont take our word for it. Have a look at the short video below!
"A rather belated but sincere thank you to you and your team for making our week in the Alpujarras so successful and enjoyable. The effort you put in in organising and adjusting walks to suit our varying meeds as well as the relaxed atmosphere your team exuded made for a really wonderful week acclaimed by many as the best away week ever for Fitzamblers" (Ted Marah - Fitzamblers)
- Accommodation in quality 3 star hotel
- All transport from airports, hotels, walks, rambles or excursions
- All meals - breakfast, packed lunch and evening meals at hotel
- Daily activity choice.... (1) Challenging Walking (2) Gentle Rambling (3) Excursions (4) Nothing!
- Services of local, english speaking local guides
Price - €125 per person per day. Only extras are flights, insurance and drinks.
We are able to offer a vast variety of activities from skiing and snowshoeing to mountain climbing and desert and coastal walking, so please discuss individual group requirements with us.
Minimum group size is 4 persons.
For those wanting "Challenging Hikes"
Examples of walks available of between 3.5 and 5 hours
- Trevelez to Busquistar along the GR7 - 550m ascent
- Mecina Fondales to Busquistar alongside the Rio Trevelez - 500m ascent
- Soportujar to Lanjaron along the GR7 - 350m ascent
- A round of the dramatic Poquiera gorge - 400m ascent
- The Cumbres Verdes hills S of Granada - 450m ascent
- Hiking in the Sierra de Huetor NE of Granada - 600m ascent
- Veleta (3394m) from the ski centre - 1000m ascent
- Cerro de Caballo (3009m) from the Ventura trailhead - 800m ascent
- Mulhacen (3382m) from Hoya del Portillo - 1200m ascent
- Cerrillo Redondo (3002m) from Puente Palo - 1300m ascent
Accommodation in the Alpujarras
Our 3 star hotel in Lanjaron offers the opportunity to stay in natural surroundings and with everything you need to make your stay unforgettable.
Quality centre located hotel with great facilities. Also warm and inviting rooms that allow you to make your stay as comfortable and convenient as possible.
All rooms are equipped with safe, cable television, clock radio, coffee kit, hair dryer, refrigerator and phone.
The hotel has a wide variety of facilities such as restaurant, library, TV lounge, meeting room. WiFi throughout.
For those who prefer more "Gentle Rambling"
Examples of gentle rambles available of between 2 and 3 hours
- Mecina Fondales to Busquistar - 100m ascent
- Bubion to Pitres along the GR7 - 300m ascent
- Round walk from Capileira visiting the Rio Poqueira - 400m ascent
- Canar to Lanjaron along the GR7 - 100m ascent
- Stroll to the wonderful viewpoint at Boca de la Pesca - 300m ascent
There is so much of interest to do in Andalucia these are just a few of the potions available:
- Birdwatching tour with professional guide to the wetlands of Padul
- Visit to the Alhambra Palace in Granada and sightseeing and tapas tour of Granada
- El Torcal, Antequerra - a visit to see the fascinating and unusual karst scenery
- Day tour of the Alpujarras, with lunch at one of the high mountain white villages