Climb the highest peak in Spain and North Africa in one fantastic week.
Mulhacen and Toubkal await you!
A chance to ascend Mulhacen (3482m) and Mt Toubkal (4167m), the highest peaks in both mainland Spain and Morocco in one amazing (but intensive) weeks trekking or mountaineering.
For those of you whose holiday time is precious then we have an itinerary that will allow you to climb these peaks within a week. Options exist for you to extend your stay either in Spain's Sierra Nevada near Granada or Morocco's deserts, coasts and cities.
Spanish Highs will run the Spanish part of this week and then we shall pass you onto our professional local tour and mountain guides in Morocco. You are assured a warm welcome to this fascinating country.
N.B Combining these two peaks would make a superb Charity Challenge that is rarely done.
Details of the 2 day ascent of Mulhacen
Details of the 2 day ascent of Mt Toubkal
- Day 1 - Arrive Malaga. Transfer to Lanjaron. 2* Hotel accommodation
- Day 2 - Transfer to trailhead (1600m). Ascend to Poqueira hut (2500m)
- Day 3 - Climb Mulhacen (3482m). Return to trailhead and Lanjaron
- Day 4 - Transfer to Sevilla for flight to Marrakech. Hotel in Marrakech or Atlas
- Day 5 - Walk to Toubkal Refuges (3200m)
- Day 6 - Climb Mt Toubkal (4167m). Return to trailhead and Marrakech
- Day 7 - Flight home from Marrakech
Dates and Prices
Dates - All year round. Please remember that the mountains are in full winter condition from December to May inclusive so will need ice axe and crampons (we can supply). Outside of those dates you will find glorious but rough high altitude non technical trekking.
- 1 person - €730
- 2 persons - €550 per person
- 3 persons - €490 per person
- 4 persons - €450 per person
- Guiding - 4 days on the mountains
- Airport transfers
- Transport between hotels and trailheads
- Baggage mules (Morocco)
- Accommodation in hotel or mountain refuge
- Advice and planning re your flights
- Winter mountaineering gear (ice axe, crampons) if necessary
We can help re your flight planning. We have all the up to date timetables and can point you in the direction of the best prices. Please contact us for further details.
You will need 3 flights
- Home to Malaga
- Sevilla to Marrakech
- Marrakech to Home
Extend your stay in the Sierra Nevada and Alpujarras?
Sierra Nevada High Peaks
- opportunities to ascend the high peaks from valley bases
Los Tres Miles
- 5 day trekking high altitude trekking. A traverse of the main ridgeline covering all the major peaks
- mid level walking in the foothills and valleys of the Sierras
Extend your stay in Morocco's deserts, coasts or cities?
Multi day 4x4 desert tours
- unbelievable experiences in the Sahara desert
Luxury desert camp
- Without doubt the finest desert camp in the Moroccan Sahara, it offers pure luxury at every level but retains the spirit of the culture of the Sahara Desert, given it is run exclusively by a Berber team who all originate from the area
Discover hidden Morocco
- a variety of guided day excursions and activities from Marrakech, by 4x4 vehicle, to allow you to explore some of Moroccos beautiful open spaces and unique monuments.